Your Business and Glass Partition Walls
Are glass partitions the right choice for your office space? Whether you plan to open a new business or you want to upgrade your office, take a look at what you need to know about custom glass options and the benefits of this type of partition wall.
What Is a Glass Partition?
Think of this type of glass as a wall that you can see through. A partition may include a full floor-to-ceiling piece of glass, a partial-height divider, a wall with a sliding door, a wall with a hinged door, or a wall without a door.
Why Choose a Glass Partition?
There isn’t one reason for every business owner to choose a glass partition for their office space. Some top reasons to consider this translucent option include:
- Create communal work areas. Without an opaque wall, your employees can have a clear view of each other. The through-the-glass view creates a communal work space and may help to foster a team atmosphere.
- Create the illusion of added space. Is your office on the small side? While glass partitions won’t add space, they will create the visual illusion of it.
- Create a brighter indoor environment. Full (non-glass) walls can create windowless spaces that make your office seem dim or dark. Glass partitions will have the opposite effect and can brighten the indoor environment.
- Create decorative elements. You don’t have to choose a completely transparent partition. Etched or frosted glass lets light in—but also has a decorative aspect. These pieces can create a standout design that improves the aesthetics of your office.
Not only can a glass partition add a sense of space and let the light in, but this option can also help you to create a modern interior aesthetic. This makes glass a central part of your office’s design and can complement contemporary decor.
Where Can You Get Glass Office Partitions?
While you could choose stock partitions from a glass or construction retailer, these clear walls may not have the quality you expect or may not fit well into your office’s space. A custom glass contractor is the best choice for your partition needs. This type of contractor has the experience and knowledge to create partitions that fit almost any interior office space.
If you’re not sure which contractor to choose, consider:
- The contractor’s portfolio. Ask the glass professional to see examples of their work. Specifically, look for photos of their commercial glass installations. Ask for pictures of other partitions. This can give you an idea of what to expect and help you to choose a custom cut.
- The reviews. Along with the portfolio, ask the contractor for references or reviews from past and current commercial customers.
- The materials. What types of materials or brands does the contractor use? Look for a company that uses high-quality, durable safety glass products. Building codes and other regulations require the use of glazed safety glass in certain spaces.
- The time-frame. When can the contractor start your project? Make sure the company can design, cut, and install your glass partitions when you need them. You may need to coordinate this installation with other interior office construction projects.
Budget is an important consideration for many business owners. But you shouldn’t only focus on the price of the project. Custom partitions may cost more than stock glass. Even though this could increase your construction budget, quality pieces will look better (and impress your clients) and may have a longer lifespan than lower-priced options.
Do you want to learn more about custom glass partitions and other glass projects for your business space? Contact Central Glass Company for more information.